Sunday 19 August 2018

Webb Random Legacy 2.1: Robots and More Robots

Generation 2 Rules:
Single Parent with Double Help (Robert Webb, Dawn Webb, and ???)
5 Children (halp)
Fortune Teller (Genuine)
Bot Builder/Inventor
Part Time Job
Social Bunny (one outing a week at least)
Runs in the Family (everyone has Neat Trait)
"Yo, so now that Era's moved out I can build a robot right?"
"What do you mean?"

"THANK'S BRO!"
Yat online.
 Scanning. Identity: Creator.
"Nice, now lemmie put some personality in ya..."
Rebooting... Simulated Emotions loading... Happy Mode, engaged. Office Drone loading... Online. 
 Acquiring job: Grocery Store.
Job acquired.

Error: Laundry module not found.



 Greetings, green humanoid. I am programmed to inform you that you are a @!£$. My creator would like you to leave.



"So, when Dawn said robot..."
Greetings, brother of Creator. I am programmed to say amusing quips when you speak to me. I also photosynthesise.
"Dawn, this seems a bit odd..."
"Yeah I need to give them sentience. Don't worry, I'm working on it!"
"Wait what?!"


"I made a few modifications to the workshop, hope you don't mind bro!"
"What are you doing Dawn?!"
"Reverse engineering a nanite, what does it look like? These circuit boards don't make themselves you know."
"Wait, you're making nanites out of nothing to then turn them into the circuit boards that make them."
"Yep, now shush I'm busy."

After a quick trip to the scrap yard, because Dawn decided she wanted to try "old-timey" inventing...


And using her fancy shower to recover from the stink, she heads back to work on... something.


Query: What does the horsey one do?
"Dawn I swear, what did you program Yat with...."


Hello alien, I have decided I want to be friends. 


"Dude, I thought I programmed you with a hatred of aliens after they probed me."


Selling Procedure activated... I am sorry, creator... Farewell. :(

"I feel kinda bad about that, not gonna lie. Maybe I'll go find my descendent and cheer up.


"HEEEEEEYYYYYY I'M FROM YOUR FAR DISTANT PAST!"
"please leave, it's 2am."


"I guess I should try getting some cash while I'm here... Hey, Prototype-10, you want a tune up?"
Sure, sounds good love.



And I guess tuning up also involves doing an inkblot test as well...?


Either way, on returning to the present, Dawn ends up creating a replacement - Chadbot 9000! He very quickly got a job at the Spa. Guess the Grocery Store were upset at Yat vanishing so didn't want to hire another robot.


And while all this is happening, Ayden and Arachne are in their own little world, having social outings to the bistro and the cinema...



 ... and Robert is doing private readings for good ol' mum and dad.

"Yes dear, we definitely believe. Thank you for the lovely reading. Now please take your hand off my face."

But then, something amazing happens... Dawn finds the secret to granting robots Sentience through science!



"Hey, turns out you're the mother of future robotics!"
"WOOOOAH. Does that mean I can set up a shop and everything and no longer have to ship through the portal?"
"Yep! Welcome to the here and now. Dawn's Robotics Lab can become a real thing!"
"Well, it will when I get some more cash... better get my hands dirty. Thanks fellow crazy blue dude!"


And meanwhile... Chadbot was what my creator called me... but, I feel my name is... Torgny. Torgny Webb.

No comments:

Post a Comment